Building a business, any kind of business, is not easy. We face so many roadblocks along the way, and just when we feel we really got it together, new stuff arises and here we go again… Do you identify yourself in this rollercoaster?
The things I worried about at the beginning of my entrepreneurship were different to what I’m worried about now, and what kept me from my dreams and goals for some years ago was different to what keeps me awake at night these days. There’s always something…
The amount of shit is constant, it just changes the form.
After been talking to hundreds of designers I’ve identified these 6 roadblocks so many design entrepreneurs face:
- Many design entrepreneurs have difficult to identify their real value proposition. (They don’t know the real value of their services and products)
- Many designers have really difficult to identify and define their ideal client. (They don’t know where and how to market to right audience)
- Many design entrepreneurs waste too much time and money on useless, random tactics. (Having a social media presence is not enough)
- Many new designers have no clue what it really takes to build a successful design company. (Hint, it’s not talent in design)
- Too many design entrepreneurs feel lonely and nobody to talk to, no mentors, no coaches and no mastermind groups to bounce ideas off. (We all need support!)
- Many designers have no clear system for lead generation and sales. (Which means most often no constant flow of clients)
Are you facing any of these roadblocks? Well, know this; you’re not alone! Download the DESIGNEUR KIT and get your invitation to the Academy, the place to be for brave, sharing, caring, talented, business-minded Design Entrepreneurs.