I like to batch my work so that I do the same type of activities in one day, and then move on to other things. Here’s my simple structure for a ’normal’ work week:
1) Mondays are for planning. I plan the week, check out my goals for the month, review the strategies, and create a schedule. This is usually done in 1-2 hours so the rest of the day is for emails from last week.
2) Tuesdays are for marketing and sales. I do all kinds of activities that are related to marketing and sales, for example:
+ write blogs
+ create sales materials
+ write and schedule emails for our subscribers
+ send sales emails to our wholesale customers
+ create videos and images for social media
3) Wednesdays are for finance and manufacturing. I work with the numbers and also with manufacturing parts of my business, and work with our warehouse guys if they need any assistance in handling the client orders.
4) Thursdays are for client work (sometimes even Tuesdays). I work with my business consulting clients and interior design clients, create programs and courses. I have meetings and I plan & schedule my social media for one week.
5) Fridays are my creative days! I do design work, photo jobs, blog writing (interior design), article writing for magazines, and product design. I usually schedule meetings with potential partners for Fridays.
Of course, a ‘normal’ week is really never a normal given there’re always some things that need my attention and I need to shuffle a bit. But I’ve noticed that this structure keeps me well-balanced between my different tasks and businesses.
Here’s a typical day in my life:
+ I get up early (like 5ish early, because… #kids)
+ 5-7 hanging out with the kids, make breakfast and get them ready for the kindergarten. I post on IG and FB. I plan out my day, check my socials, and if the kiddos are behaving, I might even write a post.
+ 7-8 kids drop off & exercise. We live 2 minutes from the kindergarten so I drop them off and go for a PoWo, run, or do some yoga. (not every day though…) I listen to a podcast like this one, this or this.
+ 8-9 emails and check the schedule.
+ 9-12 planned work (depending on the day) The most important work gets done here.
+ 12-12.30 lunch
+ 12.30 – 13 emails.
+ 13 – 15.30 planned work (depending on the day). This slot might include some unplanned work that pops into my mailbox. I finish off by planning the next day.
+ 15.30 pick up kids. Then the rest of the evening is spent with the family. My husband comes home around the same time, he makes the dinner and we all eat together. EVERY DAY.
+ 20 – 23 some more writing, hosting webinars, joining webinars, or Skyping with my international business friends. Or, Netflixing with the hubby. I post on IG and FB.